Faculty Career Development Award
Faculty Career Development Awards are given annually to regular rank assistant professors and acting professors, providing research support at a critical time in the pre-tenure stage. Awards are made in the form of summer ninths or lump-sum research grants of $5,000 to $10,000. Approximately 30 awards are granted annually.
LIST OF RECIPIENTS: 2013-2014
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I'm an Assistant Professor In Residence, am I eligible for this award?
Unfortunately, eligibility is limited to regular rank Assistant Professors and Acting Assistant Professors.
- I was hired in July 2014, am I eligible to apply for the award this year?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the 2015-2016 Faculty Career Development Award.
- How to I submit the final application to the Diversity and Faculty Development office?
Email all final applications in a single PDF to Brandie Henderson in the office of Diversity and Faculty Development.
- Can I choose Course Release an award funding option?
Course release are not offered as funding options this year. You can choose from one-ninth summer salary or research funds ($5,000 to $10,000).
- Are there are any restrictions on how research funds can be used (travel, GSR, supplies)?
There are no restrictions on or designations for the use of the research funds for the Faculty Career Development Award. If you receive the award, contact your MSO about 19900 fund policies, as they will assist you with managing these funds.